Twice a year each resident is formally evaluated in a meeting with the Program Director and senior faculty present. Each resident receives a written copy of the following items, which form the basis of the evaluation:
- Composite evaluations from the faculty members and directors of each of the rotations in the prior year; the resident experience is discussed.
- Results of the CREOG exam (All residents are required to take the CREOG exam).
- A copy of the Resident surgical experience recorded in the ACGME case log system.
- Composite of Chief Residents' evaluation of Juniors and Juniors' Evaluation of Chief Residents retrieved from "E-value".
- Composite of medical students' evaluations of resident teaching.