The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology welcomes students to shadow and volunteer in our department. Below is an overview of the process.
1. Identify a faculty sponsor.
If you do not know of a faculty member who is willing to sponsor a volunteer, please review our faculty pages and identify 3 physicians who have clinical and/or research interests that align with your own.
Please e-mail email@example.com with a copy of your resume, the names of the 3 physicians who you would be interested in working with, the dates that you are looking to volunteer, and a short summary of your research interests and/or what you are hoping to gain from this experience. This information will be shared with the physicians that you identify.
Note: given the number of submissions we receive, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a shadowing and/or volunteer opportunity for all applicants.
2. Once a faculty sponsor has been identified. Fill out the Weill Cornell Medicine Human Resources Volunteer Application (Form A). If you plan to volunteer for 30 days or less, fill out the Weill Cornell Medicine Immune Assessment Form for Volunteers (Form B). If you plan to volunteer for 31-90 days, fill out the NewYork-Presbyterian Non-Physician Visitor Attestation of Medical Fitness (Form C). If you plan to volunteer for more than 90 days, fill out only Form A.
a. Weill Cornell Medicine Human Resources Volunteer Application (Form A).
b. Weill Cornell Medicine Immune Assessment Form for Volunteers (Form B).
c. NewYork-Presbyterian Non-Physician Visitor Attestation of Medical Fitness (Form C).
3. Once you have fully filled out the appropriate forms, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org along with proof of your COVID and Flu vaccinations.
4. The volunteer coordinator will submit the completed application to Human Resources. It can take up to 6 weeks for the completed application to be approved, thus, the start date on the application should be at least 6 weeks from the day the completed forms are submitted.
5. Once your application is approved or if additional documents are required, you will receive an email from the volunteer coordinator.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Of note: There are different medical assessment forms based on the length of time that you plan to shadow (see Volunteer Application, page 2). If you would like to shadow for more than 90 days, you must be medically cleared by Workforce Health and Safety, at an out-of-pocket cost of $200.